Creamery Road 2
Court | Swamp College | Iradell | Hemlock | Chestnut | BALD HILL | Creamery | CENTER | STONEFRONT | BUCK HILL | CAYUGA
This is the home of Craig Modisher, one of the owners of Ironwood Builders. It was designed by Craig and his wife, and showcases several different aspects of Green Building. For many people, Green Building is all about lowering energy use, and others believe it is all about the materials used and their impacts on the planet and the occupants. This home melds both of these schools of thought, as well as incorporating other features such as re-used and recycled materials. With super insulation (R-90 roof, R- 49 walls, R-20 below slab), triple paned windows, and high efficiency mechanical systems, this home will provide its owners with a lifetime of energy savings, while being a beautiful and comfortable place to live.
- Passive solar design, with future 2 story attached greenhouse
- Extensive use of locally grown and milled wood
- Reclaimed brick flooring, interior doors, and kitchen elements
- Green Roof, planted with sedums from a local nursery
- Composting toilet and code-approved graywater system